Sawmill Herb Farm is wholeheartedly committed to sustainable land-stewardship and providing top quality organically grown healing plants to the local community.
Through our educational programs and partnerships we aim to strengthen community awareness of medicinal herbs as a component of holistic health and bring the deep wisdom of nature connection into the community one seed at a time.
Our farm was started in 2013 by Susan Pincus and is located on unceded land of the Nipmuc and Picumtuc people, also known today as the Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts. We offer a fresh herb CSA providing a diversity of medicinal and culinary herbs throughout the growing season. In the spring we fill our greenhouse with certified organic plant starts for gardeners. Year-round we offer tea blends and bulk dried herbs.
Sawmill spent 11 years farming in Florence on Grow Food Northampton land before transitioning to our long-term home in Montague, MA.
Sawmill Herb Farm Core Values:
- Sawmill Herb Farm stands firmly rooted in the inclusion and care of our community through plants. We believe in reciprocity with the Earth, being in right relationship to one another, to plants, and to our ancestors for the medicine they led us to know. We do not tolerate discriminatory behavior.
- Sawmill Herb Farm acknowledges that we work on land that has been colonized and stolen from the indigenous communities of Turtle Island. We commit to reconciliation and protecting resources that are historically and presently exploited.
- Sawmill Herb Farm honors each person’s journey and experience with nature and with plant medicine. We honor guides, teachers, mentors, spirits, and all those who guide and share the way of plants. We acknowledge and revere our teachers as we move, practice, and share what we have gathered.
- Sawmill Herb Farm stands in solidarity with the earth, with people of marginalized communities, and are active in listening to these voices, experiences, and supporting the healing process. This includes creating accessible educational material and resources to encourage folks in their own healing journeys.
- Sawmill Herb Farm stands in community and encourages all forms of wellness, medical and holistic forms of care. We are committed to growing together and learning in community.